Sylvia Dickey Smith

It seems life continues to give me a wide range of experiences, and each one leaves me with in-depth knowledge and understanding of human behavior reflected in my published writing. Life in a third-world country, cross-cultural studies, a psychotherapist, corporate consultant and rehabilitation management, experience reflected in published writing of non-fiction articles, short stories, essays, a modern day three-book mystery series and a historical novel set during WWII, and on to my current venture, copywriting.

MORE THAN SEMANTICS
I haven’t always found it easy to choose the right words to communicate my thoughts, for words carry different meanings to different people. But I do believe in the power of words. Not only the words, but also how we string them together to create a sentence; a sentence that reveals a part of who I am and what I think. Words reveal my thoughts, feelings, and reactions to any given situation. My words create my reality, but not only for me, they also forge a reality for those who hear or read them.


COPYWRITING
For the last ten years, I have made my living writing full time. I have won awards in virtually every genre. Recently, an idea struck me that resulted in a drastic redirection. Why not direct my skill with words into helping companies take their targeted messages to a wider audience to exceed their own expectations? I already knew that powerful words could influence reader’s minds and move them from indecision, to a change in life direction. I wanted to be the writer who could craft those words. Why? I believe the business people who understand that success requires effort and action, not good luck or magic, would most likely thrive and grow in any economic climate. I also believe that effort and action have to be smart, targeted, clear and to the point to be truly effective. That’s where my copywriting career comes in.

SDS COPYWRITING
From my home in Georgetown, Texas, I offer writing services to those companies who want to increase their business in spite of the current economic slump. These companies understand now is the time to re-think their marketing strategies, and send clear, persuasive messages to their customers, both old and new. These messages must address not only customer needs, but also their greatest desires. SDS Copywriting provides this and much more. . . .


Meet Sylvia

Born in Orange, Texas, Sylvia Dickey Smith entered this world backwards—feet first and left-handed—and says she’s done most things backward ever since.


At 41 Sylvia took her first freshman class at the University of Texas at El Paso and fought her way to a BA (Honors) in Sociology and a Masters in Educational Psychology. After graduation, her life took a different turn. She struck out on her own and began a career as a single mother working with non-profit and for-profit organizations within the human services field, and conducting private practice as a licensed professional counselor and marriage and family therapist.


Later, life led her once again in a different direction. She launched a career in writing. Soon, she had three books in a mystery series published, and most recently, a historical novel set during WWII. Now, SDS Copywriting fills her days.


Powered by Blogger.